Remote Working: HSA Guidelines.August 13, 2020
Maureen McCowen is a presentation and communication skills expert. Here, Maureen offers you some excellent presentation tips and advice.
7 Step Presentation Preparation Checklist
“Before anything else, preparation is the key to success”. – Alexander Graham Bell
Use these 7 steps to help you prepare for your next presentation.
1. The Audience
- Who will be in the audience?
- What level of knowledge do they have?
- How much information do they need to know?
- What is the purpose of your presentation? Is it to inform? To persuade? To motivate?
3.Gather and Filter
- Brainstorm all of your information.
- Gather the facts
- Keep what is appropriate for your audience and your purpose
- Decide your speech structure
- Use the rule of three- have 3 main points
- Have clear transitions between points
- Create a strong opening- e.g. a story; a question; an intriguing statement
- Finish with a strong closing
- Have a clear call to action
- Do you need slides? They are not your notes!
- Use them to help the audience understand or remember your presentation
- Use images rather than text
Maureen McCowen is a Communication and Presentation Skills Specialist who helps business professionals create and deliver presentations with impact.
Maureen is available for both group and individual coaching. Please contact her at this address: